Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It Changed my Life



I firmly believe that all our trials are for our purpose. Whether they make us stronger, bring us peace or teach us something we need to know in order to be a better person. Well in some way or another I think I was taught all three in one shot (although I gotta work on that second one)
When I was young, I was struck with a debilitating illness. It took everything from me.
It was a long long road back to recovery (in a way the recovery is still going on) and I do have a lot of fond memories of it. But as I got back into school and the hurtful comments and looks came the questions came. Why me? Then the "could've beens" As I matured though (another ongoing process) I started to see the good that came from it. I was a better person, I had a purpose in life (don't ask me what it is but if I didn't I would have most definitely died or been a vegetable life most people in my situation). Maybe I wasn't that confident, was painfully shy but I had developed other qualities of greater importance. Compassion, Love, Charity, Understanding.
It may take time and sometimes not even in this life but there is always something good that comes from trials.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Trials definitely make us who we are and we learn so much from them. Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! trials make us stronger to take hold of things that are thrown our way! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Though it's often hard to understand this while we're going through something- it's easier to see once we're past it.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and SO right!! I firmly believe that everything that happens to us, does for a reason.

    I am a new follower of your blog and I think it's absolutely adorable!! I just love the daisies and bubbles!! :) You seem so sweet and I can't wait to get to know you!! :)

    Oh and I'm a Utah girl too!! :)

    ReplyDelete