Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just Relax...

Anyone else have troubling relaxing? Feel Guilty? Always think they should be doing something?
There's so many things to do ALL THE TIME! Cleaning, Cooking, Changing diapers, More Cleaning, School work, Blog reading, More cleaning, Scrapbooking (sometimes if I'm lucky), Exercising on the Eliptical Machine that is just sitting our bedroom collecting dust, Oh and the most important: SPEND TIME WITH THE KIDS! I feel like I can't relax or if I do I should be doing something else. And many times if I'm doing one thing I should be doing another. Even when I'm sleeping all the things I need to do the next day are running through my mind.
I look at my kids playing and running around outside so happy and joyful and I think wow! they have no other thought in their heads at this moment other than to have fun. What must that be like? Oh to be in the moment. Please tell me how. If it was only that easy. Sometimes I feel like I try to squeeze in reading or craft time with the kids just so I can feel somewhat like I spend time with them, and not let them watch tv all day (I don't do that!), and I'm not a horrible mother who obsesses over cleaning and gets onry with her kids when they interrupt her blog reading, and not just for the enjoyment of it, ya know?
It's like the days are just passing by filled with "have to's" and not many "want to's"
Boy am I feelin the mom guilt!!

Can someone tell me I'm not alone in this insanity????

5 comments:

  1. Its hard to blog these days.. you're right there is ALWAYS something else that is pending or more important! I feel guilty getting caught back up.. but I also know i Need to have some "Me" time or I wont be a good mom! Blogging is my "Me" time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it all...you just can't do it all at once. There is nothing wrong with having limits. Go bury your guilt in the backyard and have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are so not alone in that feeling! I am constantly feeling the guilt of not spending enough time with my son, but I have been trying to work on that. Read my post "Before I Was A Mom" - I am totally relating to you right now!!! Someone commented to me, "sometimes you have to do the dishes" and it's true, there are things we have to do, and things we can put off till later. It's trying to find the balance that is the hard part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never ends. I always feel like there is something else that I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am overworked and underappreciated. A friend of mine convinced her husband that she needed two days off a week, like she would have if working outside the home. I don't know how she did it, but I admire her!

    ReplyDelete