Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mother's Day

With it being Mother's Day on Sunday I thought it'd be fitting to post about my wonderful, amazing mom whom I love so very dearly.

My dad left us when I was only 4. It was very hard on her (total understatement). She was hospitalized and very nearly had a nervous breakdown. Ofcourse being 4 I never understood how bad things were. My mom was just a little down and needed some care and then she came home and was her beautiful, strong self again.
I think my mom had a pretty hard time finding herself again in the following years but we would of never known it. For us kids she was always smiles and sunshine, giving us the best childhood she possibly could.
Then I was struck with my illness as I have mentioned. My mom was truly amazing and inspirational during this time. She fought for me when everyone else was ready to give up. The long hours she spent with me. I don't know where she got the energy. And then she took me home on the weekends and took care of me. I know that God sure helped her have the strength but she sure is amazing.
She always tried to give us the best even when we didn't have much. I sure never knew how much she struggled with money. I mean we certainly didn't have everything but I always got anything I really wanted. She was the best mom ever! She made probably hundreds (that might be a bit of an exaggeration) of graham cracker gingerbread houses for my three birthdays! I remember having candle time with her and washing her feet. I loved doing something for her that made her feel good because she had done everything for me. I remember our cozy "road" nights (watching Road to Avonlea) (and the one night we were watching my brother and sister broke the window playing baseball getting glass all over my mom's apple pie) I'm sure these don't mean anything to anyone else but her but they're wonderful memories we'll always share. Then of course there was our beautiful trip to the maritimes. I could probably write a book on the memories of that one. So much fun! What a wonderful trip I will cherish forever and I know she will too. Someday we'll go back I hope. :)
And here we are today….well with a lot inbetween. But here we are now and my mom still sacrifices so much for not only me but my whole family. I know she loves her grandkids with the same fierceness that I do. I can only hope I can be the amazing kind of mother she has been. If I am so fortunate my kids will someday feel the way I do about her.
Mom you are one of my truest and best friends. I love you with all my heart. Happy Mother's Day

8 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I love this tribute to your Mom. Mothers are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! You're lucky to have such an amazing mom!

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha you had the same thought as everyone else! Glad you found him :) I'm glad you found me too! I'll definitely be following you along now.

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute! :) Happy (EARLY) Mothers Day to you lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your mother, that is so awesome...Praise Adonai! Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I am now following you as well, glad to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was a great post.. thanks for stoppin by mine.. and i will be following you too! Moms can be awesome.. Ill be postin bout mine tom or friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stoping by! What wonderful moments with your mom! That's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete